Role: Business Analyst
(Building Permit Process and Building Code Interpretation)
No. of Positions: 01
Base location: DC Metro Area/Northern Virginia/Maryland
Experience: 2+ Years
SoftTech Government Solutions Inc., Virginia (https://thecivit.com) is a leading global software product company developing state-of-the-art software products and solutions for the Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry. Our solutions offerings cover the entire construction life cycle. Our Civit platform an AI-powered software application suite is aimed to digitize the entire construction lifecycle. Our products are designed for Government agencies, Architects, Builders & Developers, and Construction contractors (https://thecivit.com/).
We have been very successful in the construction/real-estate/infrastructure industry and have over 25+ years of experience in empowering business transformations through software products and solutions that are built on deep domain expertise. Our solutions are designed to augment and enhance the sustainable competitive edge of businesses through robust frameworks that positively impact all business-critical factors. We constantly improve and maintain our high-quality solutions through dedicated, proactive market research and developmental efforts. We are a thriving technology firm with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Required Qualifications/Key Attributes/Competencies:
- Minimum educational qualifications: Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Planning, Construction Management or related field
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in plan reviewing, building inspection and coding.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must know about interpreting International Code Council (ICC) and building codes with modifications applicable to the District of Columbia (Washington DC) Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop reports of planning and testing phase
- Must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on customer –service, work relation-building with country officials and project stakeholders
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and preferably 3D BIM modelling
- Profound knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio).
- Ability to travel in different states of the country if required
- Leading product end-user testing
- Developing post-delivery solutions and support for clients
Job Activities will include:
- Studying and interpreting building codes
- Reviewing and building permit process of country/authority
- Developing detailed reports for the permit process
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, offshore teams and relevant counterparts
- Engaging with multiple internal SoftTech teams and helping research relevant information to arrive at the go-no/go decisions
- Developing an understanding of SoftTech’s current services/product portfolio
- Identifying relevant industry forums and representing SoftTech in the forums/conferences
- Developing work relations with country officials and project stakeholders.